Sunday, September 18, 2011

Speaking Boldly

I am a woman.

And yesterday, stood firm ground in regards to my faith. The Christian faith - the belief in the one true God in Heaven and of his son Jesus Christ who died on the cross. I did this because I am told to be bold and speak out for God.

I am told that God will give me that which to speak, I am just to open my mouth. In this case, I used my fingers to type that which my brain would have told my mouth to speak.

I was angered initially to read this outright "nice" attack on another believers thoughts about Heaven as a response to an afterlife and about death. That believing in Heaven was a myth and hallucination.

However, I slowed my anger by putting together a response that contained accurate verses from the Bible to confront the attack such as:
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

When in these situations, I no longer will take an idle stance. We are to be bold. We have God at our back.

If you are faced with a similar situation, do not be mean and ugly but state the truth, give them verses used in the correct context. Don't get into a battle of wills. State the truth and move on or if the conversation is a baited one such as this where the person was "hooded" and did not reveal their identity, shake off the very dust from your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and for commenting. Comments are reviewed prior to posting. You will be notified via the blogger email system if your comment is posted. Comments deemed as spam, vulgar and/or profanity will most likely be deleted.