Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Dad is....

Dad is an affectionate word for Father. Our Father in Heaven, God, has many names too. I love it when I hear someone refer to God as Dad. This morning as I was luxuriously sleeping past 6:15 am and awoke without an annoying alarm clock, I had this thought:

When "life" is getting you down, remember the phrase: "My Dad is bigger than your Dad."

That may sound silly, but when you think about it, then research it, it is so very true. Consider these:



My Dad is bigger than your Dad. So there!

Do you have more "my Dad in heaven is bigger than your Dad" references? I would love to hear them, please leave me a comment.

Thanks for dropping by!
Bev

References:
Blue Letter Bible. 1996-2012. Available at:  http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Psa&c=37&t=KJV . Accessed on October 27, 2012.

My Dad:
created the sea, and the weather i.e. heaven and earth (Gen 1:1).
moon and stars (Ps 8:3)
cares for me (I Peter 5:7)
safe (EZ 34:28)
secure (Job 11:18)
sufficient (Mal 10:10)
my needs met (Luke 12:30) (Phl 4:19).
provides the way for happiness (Ps 3, 13 & 18),
sufficiency (2 Ch 3:5)
the desires of my heart (Ps 37:4).

Your Dad:
weather . The Idiom of Permission. God apples of gold in pictures of silver. Available at: http://www.picturesofsilver.com/appendix/idiomperm.htm#Job. Accessed on October 27, 2012.
sea (Jer 31:35)
Sun God, or a moon/star goddess (Deu 17:3)
in attacking me and my home (1 Peter 5:8)
tease you with happiness reached through riches (Lam 1:10)(I Peter 5:8) 

*Researching the Bible for this posting was fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and for commenting. Comments are reviewed prior to posting. You will be notified via the blogger email system if your comment is posted. Comments deemed as spam, vulgar and/or profanity will most likely be deleted.