Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I be a Disciple

Lots of Greek words surround my life...medical terms and Bible words...like Disciple. The Greek word for “disciple” is mathētēs which literally means a “learner,” a pupil.

I like that! I am a learner of many things all day long.

Learning also means studying. Studying brought this Bible verse to mind: 2 Tim 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Next thought now, approved unto God...let me explore.

I went to Blue Letter Bible (blueletterbible.org) and typed in "approved" and got 8 verses. First one, Acts 2:22, tells me of one that was approved:  Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God .... I read through the rest and this one made me stop and think also: 2 Cor 2:18 says:


For not he that commendeth himself is approved but whom the Lord commendeth.

Now I am seeing that it is God who does the approving. More to study on this topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and for commenting. Comments are reviewed prior to posting. You will be notified via the blogger email system if your comment is posted. Comments deemed as spam, vulgar and/or profanity will most likely be deleted.